Agra: Bomb Scare At Taj Mahal; Tourists Evacuated
Taj Mahal Shut After Bomb Scare; Tourists Evacuated Search Operations On
A bomb scare in Agra’s iconic monument Taj Mahal created panic on Thursday. The iconic monument in Uttar Pradesh was briefly shut after the authorities received a call about a bomb kept inside the historic monument. The tourists were immediately evacuated from the monument of love and search operation were launched.
As reported by sources to PTI The call was made to the Uttar Pardesh police helpline. The police soon informed the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel. They took charge and asked the visitors to vacate the premises of the iconic 17th-century monument. A thorough search was conducted by the authorities but could find no bombs on the premises. Entry to tourists resumed a little after 11 am.
Reportedly the hoax call has been traced to Firozabad in Uttar Pradesh.
Satish Ganesh, Inspector General, Agra in a statement said, “This morning, an unknown person called on UP 112 and said there will be a bomb blast at the Taj Mahal. Immediately, as per SOP, our bomb squad and other teams conducted a thorough search of the premises. So far, our field units haven’t given any information of such an item being found.”
He added, “I’d like to assure everyone that 99 per cent, it is a hoax call. But we are following the drill.”
This is not the first time a hoax call has been made regarding a bomb in Taj. In the past too, an unidentified caller had said there was a bomb at the Taj Mahal but nothing was found.