Assam: Complete Lockdown In 7 districts To Curb COVID-19 Rising Cases
Coronavirus Pandemic: Assam Imposes Complete Lockdown In 7 Districts To Curb COVID Cases. All you need to know
The Assam government has decided to take a drastic step to curb rising cases of coronavirus in the state. The second wave of COVID-19 has wrought havoc on the state. Therefore the Assam government on Tuesday decided to opt for a complete lockdown. They announced a complete lockdown for seven districts: Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Sonitpur, Biswanath, Lakhimpur and Morigaon.
The state will also keep a close look at the coronavirus cases in Sivasagar and Dibrugarh districts. The order will come into effect from 5 am on July 7 (Wednesday), and remain in force until further notice. Check the order here.
Here is all you need to know about Assam Lockdown:
1. There will be total containment in 7 districts showing a high positivity rate in recent days. They are Goalpara, Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur, Biswanath and Morigaon district. It will be around a clock curfew for these districts.
2. For districts showing moderate positivity rate viz. Sivasagar, Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong the curfew will be from 2 PM to 5 AM.
3. In districts showing improvement in positivity caseload the curfew will be between 5 PM to 5 AM. These districts are: Dhubri, Kamrup(M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo and Hailakandi.
4. All workplaces, business/commercial establishments, shops, dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries, Sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be closed till further order in districts showing high positivity rate.
5. They will be open up to 1 PM in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 PM in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
6. There will be a total ban on the movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, the movement of goods shall continue in other districts. All public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and seating inside the vehicles.
7. All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
8. Public gathering is ban in total containment districts.
9. In other districts, 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programmes.
10. Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.