Bharat Biotech Reveals Who Should Not Take Covaxin Shot
Bharat Biotech Releases Fact-Sheet Amid Concerns Over Side-Effects
On January 16 a mass vaccination drive began in India. But soon reports of adverse reaction to the COVID vaccine hit headlines. Hyderabad based Bharat Biotech Ltd. has developed Covaxin. It is one of the vaccines approved for emergency use. Reacting to the adverse reaction news the company has released a fact sheet on COVAXIN. The sheet is posted on their website and it reveals the side effects and advises who shouldn’t be vaccinated.
Bharat Biotech’s fact-sheet says those with a history of allergies, those who have fever, those who have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner, those pregnant or breastfeeding, and those with any other serious health-related issues must not be injected with Covaxin.
— Unnikrishnan R Santhosh (@realunnikrish) January 19, 2021
Here is the list of Bharat Biotech’s fact sheet on who should not take Covaxin shot:
1. Those who have weaker immunity or are on a medicine that affects their immune system must not take the Covaxin shot.
2. People who have a history of allergies, those who have a fever, those who have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinner must not be injected with Covaxin.
3. Pregnant and lactating women, and those with any other serious health-related issues must not be administered Covaxin.
4. Even the ones who have received another Covid-19 vaccine, should not be given Covaxin shot.
The severe side effects on rare occasions could be:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of face and throat
- Rash all over the body
- Fast heart beat
Therefore those receiving jabs are urged to disclose their medical conditions, medicines they are taking and allergies.
Mild Effects are:
- injection site painful, swelling, redness or itching.
- Stiffness in the upper arm.
- A weakness on the arm that received the injection.
Till Tuesday morning, 4,54,049 health care workers received the vaccines.