COVID-19: Delhi unlocks from today, everything you need to know
The Delhi government has relaxed the COVID-19 curbs from today onwards. Here's what is allowed and what's not.
The Delhi government has relaxed the COVID-19 curbs from today onwards after the city saw a decline in the Covid-19 positivity rate. The national capital on Saturday reported 85 new coronavirus cases, the lowest daily count this year. The national capital on Sunday reported 89 new Covid-19 cases, staying below 100 cases for the straight second day.
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) in its order said the prohibited and restricted activities will continue till 5 am on July 5.
Here’s what is allowed and what’s not.
- Gymnasiums and yoga institutes will be allowed to operate at 50 percent capacity.
- Weddings to be allowed in banquet halls, marriage halls, and hotels with the capacity of 50 people.
- Restaurants up to 50 percent capacity and markets have already been allowed to open.
- Schools, colleges, education, training, coaching institutions remain closed.
- Funerals will be allowed up to twenty persons.
- Cinema, theatres, spas, schools, colleges, and educational institutes will continue to remain closed
Currently, Delhi has 1,568 active cases. As many as 14,07,401 recoveries and 24,965 deaths have been reported so far. With 74,198 samples tested for Covid in the last 24 hours, the positivity rate stands at 0.12 percent.
Stay tuned to The Live Mirror for more updates.
ALSO READ: Delhi To Unlock From May 31, Construction Activities And Factories To Reopen