How To Make Voice and Video Calls On WhatsApp Desktop
WhatsApp has rolled in a new feature for its desktop users-voice and video calling. Here check the step-by-step guide to use this feature
Facebook-owned WhatsApp has rolled in its new voice and video feature calling for all desktop users. Earlier this message-sharing application didn’t have the calling feature for Desktop users, because it was just simply an extension for user’s applications from their respective phones. The application would simply showcase the mirror image of the conversation from the user’s phone. However, now the individual video and audio calling feature from the PC/ Laptop has been made available for the users. Here check out a step-by-step guide for using WhatsApp Desktop calling feature.
Step-by-step guide for WhatsApp Desktop users to make voice and video calls:
- Firstly download and install WhatsApp on your desktop. It’s available for Windows and macOS.
- Open the application and configure it by scanning the QR code using WhatsApp from your smartphones.
- You can now access all your WhatsApp contacts and conversation tabs.
- In order to make a voice or video call, click on the calling icon, located on the top right corner of the screen on the desktop application.
- Then click the call button to initiate a voice or video call.
- The standalone window which appears on calling someone is resizable.
- The calling feature can be used while the user is also chatting online because it is a floating window.
- As of now, users can only make individual calls. Group video or voice calling feature has not been made available on the desktop version.
In order to use this video and voice calling feature on the WhatsApp desktop, the users are required to have a PC/ Laptop with an inbuild camera, output device, and microphone.
For more such updates, stay hooked on to The Live Mirror.