Independence Day Special: Highlights From PM Narendra Modi’s Speech
PM Narendra Modi Addressed The Entire Nation AT The Flag Hoisting Event Today At The Red Fort. Check Out The Highlights From His Speech
On the occasion of 74th Independence Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the entire nation from the Red Fort. He spoke apparently around 86 mins. In his speech, he was seen taking light on important subjects such as Kashmir, Ram Mandir and the pandemic coronavirus situations. Here, we take a look at the highlights from his speech. Check it out.
Highlights From PM Narendra Modi’s Independence Day Speech:
- “The mindset of free India should be ‘vocal for local’. We should appreciate our local products, if we don’t do this then our products will not get the opportunity to do better and will not get encouraged. Today, many big companies are turning towards India. We have to move forward with the mantra of ‘Make for World’ along with ‘Make in India’,” said Primee Minister talking about the Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- PM Modi said, “Protecting India’s sovereignty is of prime importance to us. What we can do and our soldiers can do to protect this sovereignty, the world has seen with the events in Ladakh.” Taking the light upon the ongoing struggle with China in the Ladakh. He all again said that ‘who dared to challenge India’s sovereignty were given a befitting response by the Indian soldiers in Ladakh’.
- “This one year is a year of the new journey of development for Jammu and Kashmir. Delimitation exercise is being carried out in Jammu and Kashmir, the country is committed towards the completion of this work so that elections are held and people’s representatives are elected there,” added PM while talking about Jammu and Kashmir completing one year as a Union Territory.
- He further said, “We have set up a committee to reconsider the minimum age for marriage of our daughters. We will take appropriate decision after the committee submits its report.”
- Announcing the National Digital Health Mission, PM Narendra Modi stated that every Indian will have their own Health ID. This ID and the health profile will have all details like the diseases they have, the treatment they have received, doctor visits, medicines being and more such details. While talking about Coronavirus vaccines, he not one, but the country has made three vaccine and the candidates are going through different stages of clinical trials for further testing of the vaccines.
- “An important priority of ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ is Aatmanirbhar agriculture and Aatmanirbhar farmer. To provide modern infrastructure to the farmers of the country, an ‘Agriculture Infrastructure Fund’ of Rs 1 lakh crore has been created,” he added while talking about self-reliant India.
- Talking about the Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan and Construction, PM said, “Construction of a grand Ram Temple in Ayodhya started 10 days ago. Ramjanmabhoomi issue that prevailed for centuries, has been resolved peacefully. The conduct of people of the country has been unprecedented and is an inspiration for future.”
Here, you can watch the full event:
For more such updates, stay hooked on to The Live Mirror.