Is Your PAN linked With Aadhaar Card? Here Is How You Can Do It
Last Day To Link Pan Card With Aadhaar Card. Here's How You Can Link And Check Status
The last date to link Aadhaar with PAN card is 31 March 2021. All Pan Cards that are not linked to the Aadhaar cards will be declared as inoperative as soon as the deadline ends. If your PAN is not linked to your Aadhaar, then from 1 April you will not be able to do any financial transaction for which PAN is mandatory. Yes, an unlinked PAN with Aadhaar will also not allow you to do any financial transaction.
The Central government has introduced an amendment in the Finance Bill, 2021. As per the amendment, a person who has not linked his/her PAN with Aadhaar may have to pay a late fee of up to Rs 1000.
Here are the steps to link your Pan Card with your Aadhaar Card:
- Visit the official website of PAN service which is www.tin-nsdl.com or www.utiitsl.com.
- You will find a ‘Link Aadhaar to PAN’ tab.
- Click on the link and it will take you to the income tax website.
- You can follow the remaining procedure there.
- You can also link the two documents by directly visiting the income tax website.
- You can link the documents by using SMS service on your mobile phone.
- Send an SMS from your registered number to 567678 or 56161.
- The format is UIDPAN.
- Send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number in the format- UIDPAN<12 Digit Aadhaar Number><10 Digit PAN>. For instance, UIDPAN 123456789000 EPOPE1234E.
- Neither NSDL nor UTI charges for using this service but SMS charges will be applicable.
Linking Aadhaar card with PAN manually:
- In order to link the documents manually, visit a service centre for your PAN card and fill the ‘Annexure-I’ form.
- Attach the form with a copy of the PAN and Aadhaar card.
- For linking the documents manually, a prescribed fee is charged, unlike the online linking which is free.
Here Is How You Can Check If Your Pan Card and Aadhaar Card are linked:
- Step 1: Go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option under “Quick Links” on the left
- Step 3: A fresh page opens. Click on ‘Click here to view the status if you have already submitted Link Aadhaar request’
- Step 4: Before clicking on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ on the next page, please ensure you have filled in all the details correctly
- Step 5: You are there now. If the two documents are linked, they will display on the screen
If you fail to link the two documents by the deadline and your PAN becomes inoperative. A penalty of Rs 10,000 may apply as per Section 272B of the Income Tax Act.
Also Read: ITR Filing Extension: Indian Government Extended Income Tax Returns Filing Date To January 10