Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till November 30: Do’s and Don’ts
Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till November 30; allow schools, colleges to reopen with restrictions
Tamil Nadu Government has on Saturday extended the Covid-19 lockdown till November 30. But with some relaxation. Schools and colleges to reopen but with some restrictions. Sub-urban trains and movie theatres, too, can function with 50% seating capacity. Suburban train services, as per the Central government’s decision, are “allowed” to resume.
Here is all you need to know about it:
- Higher Secondary schools, colleges, research institutes and educational institutions are permitted to function from November 16 by following COVID-19 guidelines.
- Schools/Colleges and working hostels can start to function from November 16.
- Koyambedu Market complex will be allowed to function from November 2.
- The suburban trains are permitted to function based on the guidelines provided by the Union government.
- The shooting for movies and television series can resume with 150 members.
- All movie theatres, including the cinema halls in multiplex and shopping malls, are allowed to function with 50% seating capacities from November 11. This exemption, however, is not applicable to containment zones.
- Religious, social, political, entertainment and educational meetings are permitted from November 11.
- The marriages and final rites for the deceased can be conducted with 100 members.
- People below 60 years of age can use gyms from November 1. The earlier order allowed people below 50 years of age to use gyms.
- State-run liquor outlets will be open from 12 pm to 10 from November 1.
- Swimming pools, beaches, tourists spots and public gathering areas
- International flight services will remain suspended, barring special flights.
- The people coming from other states, except Puducherry should continue to get e-registration.
- Public should avoid unnecessary gatherings during the festival season.
The state currently has 25,000 active cases of COVID-19. It has also registered less than 3,000 cases for the past seven days.
Also Read: TV Actress Divya Agarwal’s Father Passed Away After Suffering From COVID 19