10 years of Singham: Unknown Facts Of Rohit Shetty’s Cop Actioner Featuring Ajay Devgn
10 years of Singham: Celebrating a decade of Ajay Devgn's cop actioner with some unknown facts
Rohit Shetty and Ajay Devgn had come together for a cop actioner Singham. The movie is a remake of the 2010 Tamil film Singam, featuring actors Suriya and Anushka Shetty. Prakash Raj is the villain in both the Hindi and Tamil versions.
Ajay Devgn played the lead role as Inspector Bajirao Singham, a no-nonsense police officer who cannot tolerate corruption. Kajal Agarwal was seen as the leading lady. Prakash Raj is the villain in both the Hindi and Tamil versions.
Singham had hit the screens on 22 July in 2011, since then it has gone on to garner much love from fans and friends. It is a hit among the masses to this date all thanks to its blazing dialogues, over-the-top action sequences and great performances. Singham also was the first film in Shetty’s cop universe that he is expanding today. The filmmaker has expanded the cop universe with films like Singham Returns, Simmba and the soon to be released Sooryavanshi.
Celebrating a decade of the fearless cop Bajirao Singham with some unknown facts:
1. Singham was made on the moderate budget of Rs 20 crore but went on to cross the Rs 100 crore mark at the box office making it one of the most profitable ventures of that year.
2. The scene where Ajay Devgn makes a bare-chested entry after a dip in the river was shot in Panchgani. The scene was canned late at night in below zero degree temperature.
3. Anushka Shetty was offered the role of the female lead in the film by the makers, but she refused it. The role later went to Kajal Agarwal.
4. Veteran actor Ashok Saraf made a comeback to Hindi films after nine long years.
5. The climax of the film was shot outside The Basilica of Bom Jesus, a famous Church in Goa.
6. Action scenes from Singham were used in Black Eyed Peas music video song ‘Action’.
7. The scene where Ajay Devgn makes an exit from a moving car was similar to the one done by Bruce Willis in the 2010 American film, Red.