What Is Blue Coloured (Baal) Aadhaar Card? All You Need To Know
Here's how you can get Baal Aadhar Card of your kid, follow these steps
Aadhar Card has always been in the news in India ever since it eas launched. The 12-digit unique identity number which is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), is a mandatory identity card for all. There are hundreds of Government scheme demands Aadhar Card number in order to provide facilities to Indian citizens.
Initially, Aadhar Card was supposed to be made for people who are above 5-year old. Later, the government introduced a blue Aadhar Card (Baal Aadhar) for children below 5-year old.
In one of the tweets, UIDAI had mentioned that in order to enrol a child for Baal Aaadhar Card, the children need to have a birth certificate and the Aadhaar card number of one of the parents.
Biometrics are not developed for children before 5 years of age. Hence, a child's Aadhaar data does not include biometric info like fingerprints and Iris scan. Once the child crosses 5, biometrics need to be updated. #AadhaarForMyChild pic.twitter.com/sdlQTG1Jqr
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 21, 2018
Taking to Twitter, the official handle of UIDAI wrote, “Biometrics are not developed for children before 5 years of age. Hence, a child’s Aadhaar data does not include biometric info like fingerprints and Iris scan. Once the child crosses 5, biometrics need to be updated. #AadhaarForMyChild.”
As per the provided information, Blue Aadhar Card (Baal Aadhar Card) does not include biometric information such as fingerprint and iris scan. Once the kid cross 5-year of age, the biometric should be updated.
If you are looking for a way to get Baal Aadhar Card number for your children, we have brought you a simple guide explaining how you can get Blue Aadhar card.
How To Get ‘Baal Aadhaar’ Card Number:
- What you all have to do is to visit the Aadhar enrolment centre and fill out the enrolment form.
- Make sure to carry your kid’s birth certificate. One of the parents needs to show their Aadhar Card Number for the authentication.
- Don’t forget to give your mobile number.
- If your kid is below 5-year, you will have to provide the only photograph of the children for the enrolment purpose.
A child below 5 years of age gets a blue in coloured Aadhaar known as Baal Aadhaar. When the child becomes 5 yr old, a mandatory biometric update is required. #AadhaarForMyChild pic.twitter.com/5IBZRuo7Tr
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) February 23, 2018
- His or her biometric will be updated after the child crosses the age of five.
- Child’s ‘Aadhaar’ will be linked to the UID (Aadhaar card number) of his/her parents.
- Once the confirmation is done, collect an acknowledgement slip.
- Post the registration and verification process, an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number. Within 60 days of receiving this message, the Baal Aadhaar card number will be issued to the newborn child.