COVID-19 Vaccine: How To Book Vaccination Slot On WhatsApp?
Want to book your COVID 19 vaccination slots? Here is step by step guide to do so
After the devastating second wave of coronavirus. India is preparing for the third wave of the deadly virus. As protection against the third wave, the government is aiming to vaccinate all adults by the end of this year. With an eye to achieving the target, the Indian government has made things easier for the citizens. They have introduced a new facility to book vaccine slots.
So far, an individual could book slots through the CoWIN portal, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app and Paytm. They could even walk directly in at the vaccination centres. But now we can do so on Whats App too. Yes, you can now use WhatsApp to book your vaccination slots. Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted the same and shared this information with everyone.
WhatsApp users across the country can now use the government’s MyGov Corona Helpdesk chatbot. This is to book vaccination slot by simply sending ‘Book Slot’ to WhatsApp number 9013151515.
Here is how you can book your slot through Whats App:
- Save the MyGov Corona Helpdesk number: 9013151515.
- Type “Book Slot” and send the message to the number.
- The user will receive a one-time password through SMS.
- Enter the password into the WhatsApp chat.
- The chatbot will display the individual’s data from CoWin.
- To book the slot, the user will have to enter their mobile number.
- The chatbot will then ask for a Pincode.
- Upon entering it, the user will get to choose their preferred date, location and vaccine.
- A confirmation will follow subsequently.
The Government had earlier too made use of WhatsApp in its fight against coronavirus. One could get vaccination certificates via WhatsApp. It was a relief for all, as with the dark cloud of the Third Wave looming large. Vaccine certificates were being sought for travel, among other things. Users have been able to download their vaccination certificates through the messaging app since August 5.
Here is how you can download your vaccine certificate on WhatsApp:
- Type “Covid certificate”,
- Send the text to the phone number – 9013151515.
- You will receive a one time password or OTP,
- The one-time password/OTP has to be entered into the chat for the certificate.
- Using which you can access your certificates
As per Health Ministry data, India has given 58.8 crore vaccine doses so far. More than 3.29 crore unutilised doses are still available with the States and Union Territories. The Government also aims to vaccinate 108 crores adults by the end of this year.
India registered 25,467 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday. Since January 2020 more than 3,24,74,773 people have tested positive for the virus. The toll climbed to 4,35,110 with 354 deaths over the last 24 hours.
Also Read: How to protect children from Coronavirus (COVID-19): Complete guide