COVID-19 Pandemic: Prince Charles tests positive for Coronavirus
Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19, remains in self isolation in Scotland
Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, is the latest celebrity who has tested positive for coronavirus. The news was confirmed by Clarence House this morning. In a statement released, they confirmed that the 71-year-old royal had been diagnosed with the COVID-19 disease. He is said to have displayed “mild symptoms” and was then tested on Monday. The results that came out on Tuesday confirmed that the Prince has tested positive for COVID-19.
Prince Charles is the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth. The father of Prince Harry the Duke of Sussex and Prince William the Duke Of Cambridge is 71 years old.
Clarence House said in a statement, “The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus. He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual. The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus.”
The statement added, “In accordance with government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland. It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”
Prince Charles’ last public event was a reception and dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief effort on 12 March. It took place at the Mansion House in London. Sky News’ royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said as Charles had a “small number of meetings”, all people that he has come into contact with have been tested.