Kolkata Knights Riders released me from my contract, says Mitchell Starc
Australian left-arm speedster Mitchell Starc revealed on Wednesday that he was relieved of his contract with Indian Premier League franchise Kolkata Knight Riders. Starc had missed this year’s IPL season with a leg injury, which he had sustained during the tour of South Africa.
He also revealed that he was informed about this development by a text message from the franchise.
”I got a text message two days ago from the owners of Kolkata saying I’ve been released from my contract,” he said, as quoted by Cricket Australia’s official website.
The 28-year-old added that he would stay back at home in Australia in all likelihood during the IPL next year, which would buy him time for freshening up for the World Cup in England and Wales.
“At the moment I’ll be home in April. I obviously didn’t go last year with my tibia injury and it was a great opportunity to freshen the body up, let everything heal by itself. I guess barring a little niggle in my hammy I’ve felt pretty good with my body and my strength and the rest of it.
“That little period of time has really paid off for the body. If I don’t play the IPL next year it’s a good opportunity to freshen up for a massive six months of cricket in the UK,” added Starc.
Starc, who is one of the world’s premier left-arm quick bowlers was roped in by the Kolkata Knight Riders for this season’s IPL. But he couldn’t play a single match due to injury and was eventually replaced by England’s Tom Curran.
Image credit-The Ring Side View