Oppo has launched its mid-range smartphone Oppo K1 today in India, which has an In-display Fingerprint, Face Recognition, 25MP front camera. Meanwhile, Samsung is busy promoting its budget-friendly smartphone Samsung Galaxy M20 which does not have an in-display sensor but we think it lands as a strong competitor to K1. In this Oppo K1 vs. Samsung Galaxy M20 article, we will analyze hardware specs of both devices, battery, camera, security, and other important features to learn which one is still the best under Rs.20,000.
OPPO K1 vs Samsung Galaxy M20
- Oppo K1 comes with waterdrop-shaped 6.4inch FHD display notch screen protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Samsung M20 features a 409ppi 6.3inch FHD+Infinity V Edge to Edge bezel-less screen.
- Oppo K1 features multiple cameras, 16MP + 2MP rear and 25MP Front Selfie Camera.
- Samsung M20 has 13MP + 5MP rear and 8MP Front Camera. Rear 13MP camera comes with F.19 Aperture and the second 5MP camera offers 120degree Ultra-wide angle. 8MP on the front is a Selfie Camera with F1.9+ Live Focus for perfect shots in low light.
- Both devices are powered by custom Android 8.1 Oreo, Oppo K1 features ColorOS and Samsung M20 runs on custom OneUI.
CPU, GPU, RAM & Storage:
- Oppo K1 runs on Octa Core Kryo 260 Processor, Adreno 512 GPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB Storage. Max expandable storage support is 256GB.
- Galaxy M20 runs on Exynos 7904 1.8Ghz OOcta-CoreProcessor and Mali G-71 MP2 GPU. The device comes in 3GB 32GB and 4GB 64GB versions. Max expandable storage support is 512GB.
- Oppo K1 becomes first In-Display Fingerprint sensor phone in the mid-range category. It also has Face Recognition features.
- Samsung M20 has Fingerprint Sensor on the backside.
- Both devices support Face Unlock.
- With dedicated storage slot, both devices feature Dual Sim slot.
- Samsung brings extra audio features like Widevine L1 Certification to stream HD content and Dolby ATMOS 360 degree surround sound.
- Oppo K1 has 3600 mAh Battery, the device does not come with Fast Charging.
- Samsung Galaxy M20 has 5000mAh Battery with Type-C Fast Charging. Samsung claims the device can offer 28+ Hours of videos after fully charged.
- Oppo K1 cost Rs.16,990
- Samsung Galaxy M20 cost Rs. 12,990 for 4GB + 64GB & Rs. 10,990 for 3GB + 32GB.
Oppo K1 gains more point on the Camera, In-Display Fingerprint and Design part. The device is new and ideal for photos and gaming. On the other side, Samsung promises a mixture of everything on a lower price. But you have to sacrifice the Camera, In-Display Fingerprint, and Style. Both devices are somewhat near to each other but certain features like high battery capacity and fast charging make Samsung a lot more reliable device for all-around usage. Oppo K1 on the other side is ideal for those who need a feature rich premium looking device under Rs.20,000.
Pros & Cons
- 25 MP Front Camera
- In-Display Fingerprint
- High-Performance Device
- No Fast Charging
- 5000mAh Battery + Type-C Fast Charging
- Dolby Atmos Surround Sound