Rohit Shetty Birthday Special: Here are 9 unknown facts of undisputed king of Bollywood’s 100-crore club
Rohit Shetty turns 43 today; Here are 9 lesser known facts of undisputed king of Bollywood’s 100-crore club
Rohit Shetty, who is one of the known faces of the Bollywood directorial brigade, is celebrating his 46th birthday today. His impressive status was apparent when he was chosen to host ‘Fear Factor: Khatron ke Khiladi’ after Akshay Kumar and Priyanka Chopra. On his special day as a treat to his fans we put light on 9 unknown facts about him:
- Rohit Shetty was born on 14 March 1973. He is the son son of Ratna, a junior Bollywood artist and legendary fight master and villain Madhu.B Shetty. He was raised along with his four sisters and two brothers, Uday Shetty and Hriday Shetty.
- B Shetty’s demise forced Rohit’s mother to work as a junior artiste in Bollywood. His family went through crisis.
- Rohit started his journey in Bollywood at the age of 17 as an assistant director with Kuku Kohli in ‘Phool Aur Kaante’. This was also a debut film of Ajay Devgn. Rohit, therefore, shares a great bond with Ajay Devgn and he enrolled him for ‘Zameen’ his directorial debut film.
- He also worked as a spot boy to Tabu when she was filming ‘Haqeeqat’ and used to iron her sarees. Rohit was Kajol’s spot boy. He made her hair for an entire schedule.
- And now, Rohit Shetty is a King of 100 crore club as his films from ‘Golmaal 3’, ‘Singham’, ‘Bol Bachchan’, ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Singham Returns’ and recently released ‘Simmba’ earned more than 100 crores at the box office.
- The director is married to Maya Shetty and has a son Ishaan.
- Forbes India have named Rohit Shetty as Bollywood’s Hit Man.
- Rohit Shetty is not only good at making films but also his stint as a host on the small screen has won appreciation. He proved his mettle as a host of ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’.
- Rohit shares a good equation with all in the Hindi film industry. Be it Ajay Devgn, Shah Rukh Khan or Karan Johar, Shetty is friends with all of them. In fact, he was the man who got Ajay Devgn and SRK to patch up.