Uttar Pradesh Implements 55-hour Lockdown Today
The lockdown will be implemented from 10 pm on Friday and remain till 5 am on Monday
Uttar Pradesh will be undergoing a lockdown in light of the rising COVID-19 cases in the state. The lockdown will be implemented from 10 pm on Friday and remain till 5 am on Monday. However, the Uttar Pradesh government is insisting that it is not a lockdown. According to authorities, it is to curb certain activities to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. During this time, only a handful of services will be allowed to operate.
Take a look below at what will remain open and what will be closed during this time.
- Medical and health services and essential services will continue as before.
- Petrol pumps and ‘dhabas’ (eateries usually present on the highways) would also remain open.
- No restriction on movement of those working in essential services, corona warriors, sanitation, and the door-step delivery staff.
- The movement of railways would continue. Uttar Pradesh Road Transport Corporation would make arrangements to operate buses to carry passengers arriving at the railway stations.
- Air services (both domestic and international) would also continue as before. There would also no curbs on the movement of people from airports to their destination.
- Goods carrier vehicles would also not be restricted.
- The traffic on national and state highways too would continue.
- The ongoing campaign of medical screening and surveillance too would continue unhindered.
- Industrial units, which work continuously, would remain open in rural areas.
- All big construction works of expressways, bridges, roads, and private projects would also continue.
- All offices and markets in urban and rural areas will remain closed during this period.
- Bus services, other than those ferrying passengers to railway stations, would be prohibited during this period.
- Barring those industrial units, which work continuously, other units in the urban areas would remain closed.
- The UP government order also said that at every public place, an awareness program would continue with the help of the public address system against Covid-19 and communicable diseases.
- The magistrates and police officers would hold joint patrolling and the teams of police and UP-112 would ensure these restrictions, it added.