Compare Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 vs Samsung Galaxy M20
Samsung seems to have realized the importance of affordable smartphones in the Indian market. In order to compete Xiaomi, Honour, Oppo, Vivo, and others, Samsung has launched Galaxy M20, whose starting price is Rs 10,990. In this article, we will be analyzing the hardware specification of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and Samsung Galaxy M20. Both smartphones are reported to be good in a lot of aspects. However, Xiaomi lacks behind in terms of the battery as Samsung M20 comes with a giant 5000 mAh battery. On the other hand, Samsung features 13 MP+5 MP camera while Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has a 48+5MP camera.
The price of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 in India has not yet disclosed. However, it is likely to be priced near Rs 10,000 marks. Now we are going to compare the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 and Samsung Galaxy M20 as these two phones are going to mark a new beginning for their respective brands.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 vs Samsung Galaxy M20
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 packs 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340 ×1080 pixels) display with 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 84 percent NTSC Color Gamut and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Samsung Galaxy M20 features 6.3-inch Full HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) TFT Infinity-V display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has 48-megapixel primary rear camera with LED Flash, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, EIS, and a 5-megapixel secondary camera. Talking about front camera, it has 13-megapixel selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Samsung Galaxy M20 comes with a 13-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, and a 5-megapixel ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture. Samsung M20 failed to compete Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 in front shooter as it comes with 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 runs on Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10 on top
- Samsung Galaxy M20 runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.5 on top
CPU, GPU, RAM & Storage:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 packs with 3GB of RAM with 32GB of internal storage. It can also be expanded up by using 256GB with microSD
- Samsung Galaxy M20 is available in both 3GB/4Gb of RAM with 32GB & 64 GB of internal storage. It is also expandable up to 512GB using microSD
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 has a fingerprint scanner on the back side.
- Samsung Galaxy M20 also has fingerprint sensor at the back side but Samsung has beaten Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 by providing a face unlock in its Galaxy M20.
- Xiamoi Redmi Note 7 does not have Dolby ATMOS 360 degree surround sound like Samsung’s M20.
- Samsung brings extra audio features like Widevine L1 Certification to stream HD content and Dolby ATMOS 360 degree surround sound.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 comes with 4000mAh non-removable battery with Quick Charge 4 support
- Samsung Galaxy M20 comes with 5000mAh battery with fast charging support
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7’s expected price is Rs 10,000.
- Samsung Galaxy M20’s starting price for 3GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage is Rs 10,999.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 might be more suitable for you if you love clicking pictures and gaming. On the other hand, Samsung has managed to beat Xiaomi in many aspects such as giving additional Face unlock feature, 5,000 mAh battery, and Dolby ATMOS 360 degree surround sound.
Pros & Cons of Redmi Note 7 and Samsung Galaxy M20
Redmi Note 7
- 48+5MP rear Camera
- 8 MP front camera
- No Dolby Sound
- Smaller battery
- 5000mAh Battery + Type-C Fast Charging
- Dolby Atmos Surround Sound
- Face Unlock feature