Miss Universe 2021: Lesser-known facts about 3rd runner up Adline Castelino
Adline Castelino became the third runner-up at the 69th Miss Universe competition. Here's everything you need to know about her.
The Miss Universe competition was held on May 16, 2021, at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Florida, United States. Contestants from 74 countries and territories competed. The competition was be hosted by Mario Lopez and Olivia Culpo. Andrea Meza of Mexico has been crowned Miss Universe for the year 2020, and Adline Quadros Castelino from India was declared the third runner-up.
The stunning 22-year-old made India immensely proud. Adline Castelino who represented India was seen in an elegant 6 yards saree. Her National costume was inspired by the national flower of India, the Lotus, and was designed by Hyderabad-based designer-Shravan Kumar.
Adline Quadros Castelino facts:
- Adline Castelino was born in Kuwait City to Mangalorean Catholic parents.
- At the age of fifteen, she returned to India and moved to Mumbai, where she attended St. Xavier’s High School. She graduated with a degree in Business Administration.
- She is fluent in English, Hindi, and Kannada, besides her mother tongue Konkani.
- She has also done some social work. She works with a welfare organization called ‘Vikas Sahayog Pratishthan’ (VSP) which functions to provide a sustainable livelihood for farmers, so as to curb farmers’ suicides and inequality.
- Castelino participated in an online pageant in 2018. Further, she continued her training for pageants through the Cocoaberry Training Academy in Mumbai. In 2019, she was crowned as ‘Miss Cocoaberry Diva’ by the institution
- Her hobbies include dancing, watching biographical documentaries, and stand-up comedies.
- Adline is also an intermediate-level swimmer.
- She was crowned as Miss Diva Universe 2020.