Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.
Home > Sports > Bengal doubles’ badminton player electrocuted

- Sponsored -

Bengal doubles’ badminton player electrocuted


West Bengal’s number one doubles shuttler Trinankur Nag (25) passed away due to the severe burn injuries he sustained after he was electrocuted while at work at a railway carshed on Saturday. He passed away while he was treated at the Eastern Railway’s BR Singh Hospital on Monday, according to a spokesperson from the Eastern Railway.

- Sponsored -

Nag joined the Railways under the sports quota five years ago. Being the only son, his parents stated that negligence on part of the railway authorities is what led to the accident.

“He had requested officials to change his department. He wasn’t happy with his job and also wasn’t trained to do electrical work,” Das’ relative said.

Also read: Star shuttler PV Sindhu lauds the #MeToo movement

Eastern Railway General Manager Harindra Rao stated that the guilty, if found of negligence, would be punished. Reports from The Indian Express state that Eastern Railway Chief Spokesperson RN Mahapatra said that a probe to find the miscreant has begun.

Nag was the current number one ranked doubles’ player in the state and had played for Bengal at both the junior and senior categories, said Sekhar C Biswas from the West Bengal Badminton Association.

- Sponsored -