COVID-19 India: Maharashtra government extends lockdown till August 31
Maharashtra Govt Extends Lockdown Till August 31: Malls To Open With Conditions
The Maharashtra government on Wednesday extended the lockdown in the state till 31 August. The step is taken by the State Government to curb the spread of novel coronavirus. Maharashtra has registered 7,717 new cases of Covid-19, taking the state tally to almost 4 lakh. An official notice issued by Chief Secretary Sanjay Kumar said the decision has been taken as an “emergency step to prevent and contain” the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Govt of Maharashtra issues directions to extend the lockdown, with amendments, to operationalize MISSION BEGIN AGAIN for easing of restrictions and phase-wise opening, till 31 August, 2020. pic.twitter.com/Dg13hUTPBe
— ANI (@ANI) July 29, 2020
The Uddhav Thackeray government as part‘Mission Begin Again’ has relaxed several outdoor activities in areas that are out of containment zones. Yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to operate from August 5.
Here’s the list of what will be open and what not in Maharashtra:
1. The Maharashtra government has allowed golf, outdoor firing range, outdoor gymnastics, tennis, outdoor badminton, and malkhamb.
2. Swimming pools will remain closed in August or until further orders.
3. All essential and non-essential shops will continue to function and malls and market areas will remain open from 9 AM to 7 PM.
4. All offices – government and private – can reopen. Private offices are to operate with 10 percent strength only.
5. Barbershops, spas, salons, and beauty parlours to be open with preventive measures as ordered by the government.
6. Restaurants, food courts, and theatres to remain shut.
7. Large public gatherings and congregations continue to remain prohibited. Marriage-related gatherings can have only up to 50 guests.
8. Printing and distribution of newspapers allowed.
9. The inter-district movement will be unrestricted only for attending places of work and for medical reasons.
10. The vehicular movement to be allowed as follows:
- Taxi/cab aggregator – 1+3
- Rickshaw – 1+2
- 4 wheeler – 1+3
- 2 wheeler – 1+1 with helmet and mask