Game of Thrones’ Battle of Winterfell: Everything You Need to Know About Episode 3
Things to expect from the Battle Of Winterfell in Game Of Thrones 3.
Everyone’s favourite fantasy drama Game Of Thrones is back and we are already hooked to it once again. After the first two episodes that were all about the reunion of family and foes, the third episode is the most awaited. We have already seen the Battle of the Blackwater, Battle of Castle Black to the Battle of the Bastards. Yes, Game of Thrones has a long history of producing legendary battle sequences. But the final showdown, the Battle of Winterfell between the living and the dead taking place in Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3 on Sunday will truly be bigger and better than any other battle sequences.
The third episode in the final season of ‘Game Of Thrones’ is coming in less than 48 hours and while we gear up for the insane Battle of Winterfell to begin, Here are some things that we are expecting from the Battle.
1. The third episode of Game Of Thrones season 8 will be 82 minutes long. This means that it will be the longest in ‘Game of Thrones’ history. Standing on the second position is the seventh season finale, “The Dragon and the Wolf,” which was 79 minutes.
2. Be mentally prepared to see some of your favorite characters going down in the Battle against the Dead. Some of the names rumoured to die are Brienne of Tarth, Ser Jorah, Greyworm, Gendry, and Theon.
3. This is the first of two episodes directed by Sapochnik who memorably helmed “The Battle of the Bastards” and “The Winds of Winter”.
4. A tiny scene from the promo showed us Jon Snow shouting the ‘Night King is coming’ and then we catch a glimpse of a hysterical Arya Stark running from the crypts. There have been speculations that the crypts are not the safest place as the Night King has the power to raise the dead. So prepare for some spooks.
5. In the second episode we seen the army of the Dead but the Night King was not among them. So it is quite possible as per the latest theories that he might not join his army in the attack but fly down to King’s Landing to take down Cersei and the Golden Company.
6. In the teaser, we have seen Khaleesi say “the dead are here”. Now, this could be the dead in the crypt rising or the Dead Walkers breaking down the walls of Winterfell.
7. This episode may or may not show us how exactly Bran will use himself as bait to lure out the Night King. But we are expecting some major upheavals in the latest episode.
8. We might get to see, Daenerys and Jon flying the dragons to attack the Dead.
9. In the teaser we see a tattered Stark flag waving over a seemingly demolished Winterfell. This could be a scene after the Battle when many of our favourites have fallen.
10. Inside the castle walls, House Mormont (led by Lady Lyanna) will apparently protect the main holdfast.
This Monday morning, be prepared for some gory red and also for your mind to be blown away by the action.
Catch the teaser here: