How To Get COVID Vaccination Certificate? Step By Step Guide
Covid-19 vaccine certificate: Check here the step-by-step guide to download the Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
The world came to a standstill in 2020 due to the new coronavirus. The deadly virus reportedly originated from the Wuhan province of China. The pandemic led to the lockdown of nations as more and more citizens tested positive for the virus. Soon scientists and pharma companies started research on making a vaccine for the new virus. Nations across the globe started a vaccination drive to protect their citizens, India being one of them.
The second phase of the Covid-19 vaccination drive began in India on March 1. The first phase of the vaccination drive aimed to vaccinate around 30 million frontline workers. The government hopes to vaccinate around 27 million in the second phase. Currently, two vaccines are being given to people: Covaxcin developed by Bharat Biotech and Covishield developed by the Serum Institute of India. Coupled with vaccination, the government also started giving vaccination certificates. This is as a validation of having successfully completed the vaccination course. The certificate is a ticket to avail several services such as International travel and many more.
You will receive a COVID-19 vaccine certificate on the CoWin platform or Aarogya Setu app. This will be after completing the entire vaccination course. The certificate displays the name, Age, ID, vaccination details, and a QR code. The QR code on the certificate verifies if your COVID-19 certificate is authentic or fake.
Here is all you need to know about Covid-19 vaccination certificate:
What is the Covid-19 vaccination certificate?
After a person gets their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. They receive a message on their registered mobile phone. The message has a link for the vaccination certificate. On clicking the link, the certificate will be downloaded. However, the certificate received after getting the first jab is a provisional one. The final certificate is issued only after completing both vaccine doses.
Should I preserve a hard copy of this certificate?
There is no need to preserve the hard copy. As your certificate is always available on the CoWIN portal. All you should do is log in using your credentials. It is also made using international standards. So, one can download the certificate as and when required.
When will I receive my Covid-19 vaccination certificate?
The moment you get your first shot of the Covid-19 vaccine, you can download a provisional vaccination certificate. You will receive a message on your registered mobile number, with a link to download your certificate. On completion of the second dose, you will receive a message for completion of the vaccination schedule. The message will include a link to download a digital certificate of vaccination. That certificate will not only contain the name, date of birth, beneficiary reference ID, photo, but also vaccine name, hospital name, date, and other details.
Check here the step-by-step guide to download the Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
1. Download a provisional vaccination certificate
- You will receive a message on your registered mobile number.
- A link to download your certificate will be shared.
- Tap on the link you received on your number.
- Now enter your phone number to verify once again.
- Then tap on download to get your certificate.
2. Download the Covid-19 vaccination certificate using Aarogya Setu App:
- Update the Aarogya Setu app on your phone.
- Open the app and click on the CoWin tab.
- Tap on the Vaccination Certificate option
- Enter your beneficiary reference ID.
- Tap on the Get Certificate button.
Download COVID vaccination certificate using CoWIN
- Open CoWIN website on any web browser
- Click on Register/Sign In button.
- Sign in using your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received in the SMS
- After getting the first or second dose, the platform will show the Certificate tab under your name.
- Click on the button to download the soft copy of the COVID vaccine certificate
Download vaccination certificate using Digilocker:
- Download the Digilocker app on Android and iOS from Google Play Store and App Store, respectively
- Register on the app using personal details like name, address, and Aadhaar number
- Scroll down, head over to the Health section, and click on the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare,
- Select the Vaccine Certificate option
- Add your 13-digit reference ID and download the vaccine certificate
Download COVID vaccination certificate using the Umang app:
- Download Umang app on Android and iOS device from the app store
- Click on CoWIN in the ‘What’s New section’
- Select ‘Download Vaccination Certificate’
- Register/log in using the registered mobile number and OTP
- Confirm beneficiary name in the tab and click on Download to get the vaccine certificate
How to verify if your certificate is authentic:
- Visit CoWin verification website, https://verify.cowin.gov.in/
- Click on the Scan QR code on the website.
- You will receive a prompt from CoWin to allow you to use your device’s camera.
- Point the came to the QR code on the certificate issued for scanning.
- You will get a ‘Certificate Successfully Verified’ for an authentic COVID-19 vaccine certificate.
- If the COVID-19 Certificate is fake, you will receive ‘Certificate Invalid’.
How to Rectify mistakes on COVID Certificate:
- Visit the CoWIN portal
- Click on the Register/Sign In yourself button on the top
- Enter the mobile number with which you are signed up for vaccination
- Click on Get OTP
- Complete the OTP verification
- You’ll see a Raise an Issue button in the top right corner, click on it
- Now, you’ll get the option for Correction in the vaccine certificate
- Select the member whose vaccine certificate needs correction and click on Correction in the certificate
- You’ll be given the option to change Name, Year of Birth, Gender, Photo ID number
- Select the field you want to change and carefully enter the detail
- Click on Continue
- You’ll be shown a verification tab reflecting the correction made
- If you’re satisfied with the corrections, click on Submit
- You can only change any two fields and these changes are allowed only once
A vaccination certificate is a validation that is definitely necessary and will play an important role in the future just like the passport.