How To Register For CAT Exam 2021? All You Need To Know
CAT 2021: How To Register For the Admission Test. All You Need To Know
CAT exam or the Common Admission Test is a computer-based MBA entrance test. It is for admissions into the IIMs in the country. CAT exam is conducted every year by the IIMs on a rotational basis. The test consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA). The exam is taken online over a period of three hours, with one hour per section. Here is all you need to know on how to register for CAT exam.
CAT Exam is also a prerequisite for admissions into many other prestigious management colleges across India. Some of them are S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Management Development Institute (Gurgaon), Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), International Management Institute (IMI), National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) and several others.
Here is all you need to know about CAT Exam, Date, Eligibility and Registration:
The minimum eligibility requirement for CAT Exam is a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA. For SC, ST and PWD students, the minimum required mark is 45 per cent.
Candidates who are appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree, also who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can apply.
Where To Apply For CAT Exam?
IIM Ahmedabad is allowing candidates to apply for the Common Admission Test (CAT 2021) from August 04 to September 15, 2021. Candidates can now apply directly at iimcat.ac.in. The exams will be held from November 28, in three shifts. IIM-A will release the CAT 2021 admit card on October 27, 2021. It will be issued to candidates who will apply successfully. MBA aspirants planning to take admission in the best B-Schools of India must apply for the CAT exam in the prescribed format.
CAT Admit Card 2021:
Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad will release CAT 2021 admit card on the official website- iimcat.ac.in. Registered candidates will be able to download It by entering CAT login details. On the day of examination, it is mandatory to carry IIM CAT admit card.
CAT Registration Fees:
For General Category Candidates: Rs 2200/-
For SC/ ST/ PwD: Rs 1100/-
CAT Exam Registration Step By Step Guide:
- Go to the official CAT 2021 website i.e. iimcat.ac.in
- Click the “New Candidate Registration” button on the right side of the official webpage.
- It will take the applicant to the CAT registration page.
- Enter the essential details such as,
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Next click on the “Generate OTP” button.
- The OTP will be sent to your registered mail id.
- Use the OTP, to complete the CAT 2021 registration process.
Log in to the candidate’s dashboard and fill the CAT Exam Application Form 2021:
- Personal Details
- Other Personal Details
- Communication Address
- Emergency Contact Details
- Upload Documents (in a prescribed format and size)
- Fill in the academic/ qualification details of SSC/ Class 10, HSC/ Class 12, Bachelor’s Degree Details, Master’s Degree Details, Other Professional Degree Details.
- Enter work experience details if any.
- Upload all the required documents in a prescribed format.
- IIM Programmes & Interview Cities.
- Choose any six preferred CAT 2021 test cities.
- Make the payment for an application fee.
- The CAT 2021 registration fee is Rs 2,200 for the general category
- Rs 1,100 for reserve category candidates.
- Submit the CAT 2021 registration form.
- Take a printout of the exam form.
(After submitting the application form, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email after completion of the application process you can connect with the Candidate Help Desk by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1800 210 1088. But keep your User ID and payment transaction number details at hand for reference.)
Details ready before starting CAT 2021 registration:
- Email Address
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Work Experience Certificate (if any)
- Payment Details
Seven Common Mistakes Made By Candidates in CAT Exam Form:
1. Upload images as prescribed: Upload a passport size photo with a dimension of 30mm X 45mm. The dimension of the signature should be 80mm X 35mm. Both of these are to be uploaded in .jpg or .jpeg and the file size should not be more than 80KB.
2.Candidates who belong to the EWS / NC-OBC / SC / ST / PwD category need to upload a certificate. The certificates are available on the official website of CAT 2021. Candidates need to self-attest and scan it as a PDF document.
3. Selecting test city wisely: Candidates get an option to select 6 test cities. Candidates should enter the city options in the order of preference. It is advisable to select easily accessible centres with current traffic issues in mind.
4. In the application form of the CAT Exam, candidates have to give an aggregate percentage column. Here the percentage is to be entered as nnn.nn. Though there are 3 nnn before the point, the candidates need to enter the percentage as 97.56% and not as 097.56
5. Selection of correct IIM programmes: IIMs offers various courses like PGP, PGP-FABM, ePGP, PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-SM, etc. But all IIMs do not offer all the courses. Hence, make sure to select the correct courses.
6. Don’t pay the fee twice: At times, while applying, the fee is deducted from the bank but the receipt is not generated. In this case, wait for a week as the amount will be credited back. But if it does not happen then contact the bank.
7. Candidates must ensure that the form and the fee are submitted before the last date. The last date to submit this year is on September 15, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Forgot CAT 2021 Login ID?
Candidates who have forgotten their CAT login ID can retrieve it by following these steps:
- Click the “Forgot User ID/ Password” button
- Enter the registered email ID and captcha
- You will get the CAT user ID in the registered email id.
If you forget your CAT 2021 Login Password:
- Click the “Forgot User ID/ Password” tab on the CAT official website
- Enter the registered email ID and captcha.
- The new password will be sent to the candidate’s registered email address.
CAT 2021 Application Form Correction Window:
IIM Ahmedabad will open the correction window for the CAT application form from the last week of September 2021. But it will be only for two days. You may correct the mistakes in scanned images of photographs, signatures, or other documents in that period.