How to increase Pokemon happiness in Sword and Shield
Pokemon happiness is a crucial element to evolving Pokemon in Sword and Shield.
In Pokemon Sword and Shield, like its predecessors, happiness can be a defining factor for evolving different Pokemon. Players looking to complete their Galar Region’s Pokedex will reap huge benefits from knowing how to make their Pokemon happy. Pokemon like Riolu, Eevee, and Togepi require players to increase their happiness before they can evolve.
Ways to raise Pokemon happiness in Sword and Shield
Players can bond with their Pokemon and make them happy in several ways. The two most common ways to accomplish this is either by feeding them or by keeping them in the active team. These aren’t the only options though. Take a look a the list below to know all the ways to raise Pokemon happiness in Sword and Shield.
- Battle: Participating in battle with the Pokemon is a great way to bond with it and raise its happiness.
- Feed your Pokemon: Players can feed their Pokemon a variety of things. All of them will contribute to happiness. The edible items include curry, vitamins, and berries.
- Active Party: Ensure that the Pokemon is in the active party and by player’s side.
- Soothe Bell: The Soothe Bell is an item that doubles the happiness gained when Pokemon hold it.
- Friend/Luxury Ball: Players can catch pokemon with a Friend or Luxury Ball to ensure Pokemon happiness straight away.
Pokemon that need Happiness to evolve in Sword and Shield
There are several Pokmon that need raised levels of happiness to evolve in Sword and Shield. In addition, some Pokemon only evolve under specific conditions. These include a particular time of day to evolving into different Pokemon during different phases of time. Here is a list of Pokemon that require happiness to evolve inclusive of the particular conditions, if required, for them to evolve.
- Eevee: Eevee evolves into Espeon during the day and Umbreon in the night.
- Budew: Budew evolves during the day.
- Riolu: Riolu also evolves during the day.
So, there you have it! Not only do you now know the best ways to increase a Pokemon’s happiness, but also which species in Sword and Shield need to be super happy to evolve as well. Soon enough, you’ll have a number of brand new evolutions added to your Pokedex as a result.
Players can also find out about their relationship with their Pokemon by talking to the Friendship Checker who can be found in the same house as the girl that gives the Soothe Bell.
Check our other Pokemon Sword and Shield Guides for more Tips, tricks and tweaks only on The Live Mirror.