Lockdown Guidelines October: Schools And Colleges To Remain Closed; Theaters And Trains To Resume
Lockdown In Maharashtra To Be Extended For The Month Of October. Schools And Colleges To Remain Closed While Theaters And Trains To Resume, According To New Guidelines
The pandemic Coronavirus outspread has not been contained as of yet and the infected cases have witnessed a spike of late. India stands at the second position in the list of nations to have worst hit by the pandemic and Maharashtra is among the list of the states to have contributed with highest number of COVID-19 cases. The lockdown in the state to be extended for the month of October with new guidelines for netizens to follow. Check out the new guidelines.
Maharashtra Lockdown 5.0: New Guidelines
- The state schools, colleges, coaching’s to remain closed till October 31, as a part of extended lockdown. There is there is no relief in the number of pandemic patients increasing in the state. As per the notification issued by the state government online and distance learning would be permitted and encouraged.
- The re-opening of schools have been given the flexibility to take a decision after 15th October 2020, in a graded manner by the state government.
- Hotels, food courts, restaurants and bars can operate from October 5, with a capacity not exceeding 50 per cent or as prescribed by local authorities and following the distancing guidelines.
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres in malls and market places, auditoriums, assembly halls would also continue to remain closed until October 15.
- Local trains in Pune region will restart with protocols and procedures adopted in the MMR.
- Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious events and other large congregations will remain prohibited in the state, as per the guidelines.
- The railways department would also increase the frequency of local trains in the MMR in order to avoid the crowd gathering at the peak hours.
- Business to business exhibitions are allowed too as per the new guidelines.
Talking the Coronavirus cases in the country, the total tally has crosses 63-lakh mark with a spike of 86,821 new cases and 1,181 deaths cases reported on September 30. The total COVID-19 cases stands at 63,12,585 including 9,40,705 active cases, 52,73,202 cured/discharged/migrated and 98,678 deaths, according to the reports issues by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
For more such updates, stay hooked on to The Live Mirror.