Mental Hai Kya director Prakash Kovelamudi: Kangana Ranaut was an actor on the sets
Mental Hai Kya is releasing on July 26.
Yesterday, there were reports in the media stating that ‘Kangana Ranaut has been interfering with the shooting of Mental Hai Kya and that she has been unhappy with some of the scenes, which had to be re-shot, thus causing the delay in the release of the movie’. Rubbishing to all these rumours, director Prakash Kovelamudi said that there is no truth to these speculations.
He said, “On my set, Kangana was an actor; a professional one, and a creative asset. Both Kangana and Rajkummar are powerhouse performers, whom I enjoyed directing. I am happy to see how their characters have turned out. Mental Hai Kya is an intriguing thriller with doses of quirk. The film challenges the norms, and I am thrilled to bring to the audience something original.”
Further denying the reports about some portions of the film being re-shot, the director said, “We finished the first leg in Mumbai, the second in London, and the last one in Mumbai again. The final schedule was wrapped last month. That’s all! All other conjecture is baseless.”
The rumours were also slammed by Kangana’s sister Rangoli Chandel.
Everytime nepo gang wants to harm Kangana’s career they make such articles viral, truth is every director isn’t looking to baby sit a thumb twiddling dumb star kid, some rather have a partner who is watching their back…(contd) https://t.co/8ZuDKZRgpu
— Rangoli Chandel (@Rangoli_A) June 6, 2019
Produced by Shobha Kapoor, Ekta Kapoor and Shaailesh R Singh, Mental Hai Kya will hit the screens on July 26, 2019.