PM Narendra Modi to launch ‘Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’
1.25 crore jobs, 31 districts: PM Modi to launch Atma Nirbhar UP Rojgar Abhiyan today
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to launch “Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan” at 11 am on Friday, June 26. This Abhiyan is intensely focused on providing employment, promote local entrepreneurship. Also to create a partnership with industry associations to provide employment opportunities. The Abhiyan will be launched by the PM through video conferencing in the presence of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
PM Modi will also interact with villagers from six districts of Uttar Pradesh. Villages across all districts of Uttar Pradesh will join this program. They will do this through the Common Service Centers and Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan’ is a 125-day campaign. It is an initiative to provide employment to migrant workers and others in the state. The Rojgar Abhiyan is for all those migrant workers who lost their jobs during coronavirus pandemic.
Here is all you need to know about Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan:
- A slogan Rojgar ka naya abhiyan, har shramik ko kaam’ (A new campaign for employment, jobs for all workers) has been given to the Garib Kalyan scheme in Uttar Pradesh
- The Atmanirbhar UP Rojgar Abhiyan is focused on providing jobs, promoting local entrepreneurship, and creating partnerships with industry associations to create employment opportunities.
- Uttar Pradesh’s 31 districts have been covered under the scheme.
- A target of providing work has been given to different departments and 1.25 crore workers will get work.
- Work to be given to 60 lakh workers per day. 10.06 crore man-days will be created under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- The ceremony will also mark distribution of loan of Rs 5,900 crore to 2.40 lakh industrial units and Rs 3,226 crore to 1.11 lakh new industrial units.
- Appointment letters will be also given to 1.25 lakh workers by private construction companies at the program.
- Distribution of toolkits to 5,000 workmen under the Vishwakarma Shram Samman Yojana and one-district-one-product scheme.
- UP’s 31 districts covered under the campaign include Siddharthnagar, Prayagraj, Gonda, Maharajganj, Bahraich, Balrampur, Jaunpur, Hardoi, Azamgarh, Basti, Gorakhpur, Sultanpur, Kushinagar, Sant Kabir Nagar, Banda, Ambedkar Nagar, Sitapur, Varanasi, Ghazipur, Pratapgarh, Rae Bareli, Ayodhya, Deoria, Amethi, Lakhimpur Kheri, Unnao, Shravasti, Fatehpur, Mirzapur, Jalaun and Kaushambi.