Pune 6 pm-6 am Curfew From April 3. All You Need To Know
COVID-19 Pandemic: Pune curfew to start from April 3; restaurants, bars, malls to be shut for a week
Maharashtra is reeling under the rising cases of COVID-19 in the state. Not only Mumbai but Pune is also hit hard by the rising cases of coronavirus. The Covid-19 cases rose by 9,086 in the last 24 hours, the highest single-day addition in the district so far. This takes the tally to 551,508. To curb the spread authorities have clamped a 6pm to 6am curfew in Pune.
Faced with the alarming spike in COVID cases, Pune is under a 12-hour night curfew starting 6 pm today for a period of at least one week. These stricter restrictions will be applicable for seven days from Saturday, April 3.
Here is all you need to know on what is open and what is not:
- Malls, cinema halls and places of religious worship will be shut during this seven-day period.
- Essential services have been exempted from the curfew.
- Home delivery of food will continue.
- All public gatherings have been banned.
- 50 people will be allowed to attend a wedding
- 20 people can remain present for the last rites
- The assembly of more than four people has been prohibited during the day as well.
- Buses of the Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Ltd (PMPML) will not operate for seven days.
- Intra-city buses will, however, continue to run for those engaged in essential services.
- State transport bus service and inter-district travel has been permitted.
- Schools and colleges will remain closed till April 30.
- Students of Classes 10 and 12, and the candidates preparing for the MPSC exam will be allowed to carry out their regular academic activities.
- Coaching classes for competitive examination will be allowed to operate with 50 per cent capacity.
- Gyms can operate with 50% capacity.
- Swimming pools and clubhouses in societies have been asked to remain shut.
- Gardens will be opened only in the morning.
- Weekly markets in rural areas will remain closed.
- Market Yard at Gultekdi will be operational.
The situation will be reviewed after seven days and further decision will be taken,