Redmi K20 Confirmed As Redmi’s Upcoming Flagship Phone – K Stands For Killer
Redmi's General Manager, Lu Weibing Has Confimed Redmi K20 As Its Upcoming Flagship Phone.
Redmi’s General Manager, Lu Weibing took to Chinese Microblogging site, Weibo and confirmed the rumours doing the rounds related to Redmi’s flagship phone Redmi K20 and K20 Pro. Yes, in his social media post, Lu Weibing said that K stands for Killer and it will include performance driven flagship phones. He has officially confirmed that the name of Redmi’s upcoming flagship smartphone will be Redmi K20 but did not reveal the launch date.
Prior to Lu Weibing’s announcement, there were rumours suggesting that Redmi is all set to launch two mobile phones which will be dubbed as Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro. The rumours turned out to be true as they have officially confirmed it.
As the official launch date of Redmi K20 Pro is not announced, there is a possibility that this may go official by the end of May in China. As we have mentioned earlier that one of Redmi’s flagship will be rebranded as Pocophone F2. The rumoured Redmi K20 Pro might end up as Poco F2 as Redmi K20 has officially been declared. Redmi K20 And K20 Pro: Launch Date, Price In India, Features, Specs & More
Redmi flagship phones Redmi K20 specs and features
- The Redmi flagship is expected to have a 6.39-inch AMOLED notchless display. This feature has not been confirmed by the company.
- Redmi K20 likely to be the cheapest smartphones to have Snapdragon 855 chipset.
- As per the leak, the Redmi flagship will come in two versions – one will be exclusive to China, while the second one will hit other markets including India as the Poco F2.
- The Redmi flagship is rumoured to come in four different RAM and storage versions including – 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, 6GB RAM + 128GB storage, 8GB RAM + 128GB storage and 8GB RAM + 256GB storage.
- It will have a pop-up selfie camera. This is said to be the first ever pop-up selfie camera phone from Xiaomi.
- Rumours suggest that the pop-up selfie camera of the Redmi flagship will include 32MP sensor in it.
- Redmi flagship will include three cameras on the back panel including — 48MP primary sensor + 8MP ultrawide sensor and 16MP telephoto lens. Notably, this is the first Redmi phone to come with three cameras on the back panel.
- The Redmi GM has also confirmed that the Redmi flagship will launch with Android Q beta update similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro.
- The Redmi flagship is reported to have 4000mAh battery setup as the Redmi Note 7 series.
- The phone is expected to come in three colours options including — Black, Glacier Blue and Flame Red.
- The Redmi flagship is expected to include an in-display fingerprint sensor.
- The Redmi GM has confirmed that the Redmi flagship will include the 3.5mm headphone jack.