Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition coming to PS4, Xbox One, and Switch 2020
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition is likely to be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in Q1 or Q2 2020.
Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition — which initially launched for PC, MC and Linux in January this year — is likely to be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch in Q1 or Q2 2020. The announcement of launching Sovereign Edition to console has been made by publisher Digerati and developer Failbetter Games.
According to reports, Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition will have many new options to deal with a starving crew, among other changes. According to narrative director Chris Gardiner, “As their desperation grows, you’ll be able to try and eat a variety of unwise, unpleasant or tragic things.” “By that point, your mascot probably looks quite tasty,” he says. Borderlands 3 Confirms Much Awaited Looting Feature Is On The Way
Revealing more about Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition, Gardiner told PC Gamer, “We’re overhauling the character progression user interface, and introducing a range of new Facets to define your captain’s past. Perhaps you lost your soul (and found it again), or attended a seance. Perhaps you have a hobby, or are close to rats, Devils, spies or Rubbery Men. Experienced captains will be able to continue to raise their stats even after reaching the level cap, extending the late game experience.”
He also added that there will also be “new opportunities for traders to exploit, and a new exotic engine to acquire, which skilled players in particular may find rewarding. It’s a big, exciting update which we like to imagine will be the jewel in Sunless Skies‘ crown.”
Here is the list of Sunless Skies: Sovereign Edition Key Features
- A narrative RPG set in the Fallen London universe.
- Explore four regions: celestial wilderness, impossible industrial empire, pagan midnight expanse, and the mysterious Blue Kingdom.
- Choose your crew and your fate. Reveal your captain’s history and skills. Change and be changed by the world.
- Danger lurks in the heavens. Fight or flee from sky-beasts and enemy ships, and balance fuel, supplies and hunger to carve out a life in the skies.
- 800,000+ words of intertwining stories with a depth and richness unlike anything else in games.
Watch a trailer below.
Notably, Sunless Skies: Sovereign Version is a sequel to Sunless Sea.