Unlock 3.0 : BMC allows Mumbai shops to open all 7 days from August 5
Unlock 3 in Mumbai: Malls to Open From August 5, No Odd-even Rule For Shops, Says BMC
Maharashtra is showing signs of stabilization in its active COVID-19 cases. Therefore the state has begun ‘Mission Begin Again’. From August 5, the Brihamumbai Municipality Corporation (BMC) has issued guidelines for relaxation for Mumbai. They will now allow shops to remain open on all seven days of the week in the island city.
The BMC has allowed reopening of malls and shopping complexes from 9 AM to 7 PM from August 5. The civic body has also allowed liquor shops to open as long it strictly adheres to the COVID-19 guidelines.
BMC eases restrictions for phased opening of lockdown under ‘Mission Begin Again’.
Malls/market complexes allowed from 9 am-7 pm from Aug 5 without theatres/food courts/restaurants. Kitchen of restaurant allowed in malls where only home delivery via aggregators will be done. pic.twitter.com/Hq5IzKFmVA
— ANI (@ANI) August 3, 2020
The Mumbai civic body has allowed reopening of malls and shopping complexes from 9 AM to 7 PM from August 5.
Here is the list on what is allowed and what, not in Mumbai:
1. All essential and non-essential shops allowed to remain open from 9 AM to 7 PM. This will be on all days of the week and on both sides of the road.
2. Yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to open from August 5 as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
3. Malls and shopping complexes can operate from 9 AM to 7 PM from August 5.
4. Street vendors and hawkers will not be allowed.
5. All theatres, food courts, restaurants, bars, and gaming zones continue to remain shut.
6. Home-delivery for restaurants allowed and their kitchens inside the mall can function.
7. Liquor shops to operate for sale and home delivery with strict social distancing.
8. E-commerce activity allowed across sectors.
9. All industrial units, construction sites are allowed to continue operation.
10. Outdoor activities and non-team sports to be permitted with physical distancing.
11. Self-employed individuals like plumbers, electricians, pest control, and other technicians allowed.
12. The inter-district movement allowed within MMR for essential activities and office-related work. For shopping and other activities, people are requested to visit nearby areas.
13. The marriage-related gathering allowed on open spaces, lawns, non-air-conditioned halls with limited members.
14. Offices of educational institutions (schools, colleges, universities) open for non-teaching purposes. Also for the development of e-content, answer sheet evaluation, etc.
15. The vehicular movement allowed as per central guidelines.
16. The maximum number of people attending a wedding is 50. The number of persons attending the funeral will only be