22 Years Of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam: 7 Unknown Facts Of The Romantic Drama
7 interesting facts of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's romantic dram Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam to celebrate 22 years
Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s iconic film ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ hit the theatres on thiw day 22 years ago. The movie on love, separation, patience, and sacrifice went on to garner immense love from fans and critics alike. Salman Khan as Sameer, Aishwarya Rai as Nandini, and Ajay Devgn as Vanraj brought to life the onscreen characters with their impeccable acting chops. The lavish sets and soulful renditions by the ace filmmaker transported the audience into a different world. The movie went on to receive cult status and became a favourite amongst the audience.
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam narrates the story of a newly-wed man who discovers that his wife is in love with another man and decides to unite them. Even after 22 years of its release, the film still remains fans’ all-time favourite.
Here are some unknown facts of the romantic drama:
1. Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, and Anil Kapoor were considered for the role of Vanraj. But finally, Ajay Devgn bagged the role.
2. The first half of the film was shot near the Gujarat Rajasthan border near the Kutch region. The second half was filmed in Budapest, Hungary that was depicted as Italy in the movie.
3. Aishwarya Rai danced to Nimbooda with swollen feet due to a chandelier accident on the sets.
4. This was the first film that Salman Khan and his stepmother Helen shared screen space for.
5. Sameer’s (Salman Khan) habit of looking up at the sky and talking to his dead father is from Bhansali’s own childhood.
6. The movie went on to garner four National Awards and 9 Filmfare awards.
7. Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was released Internationally as ‘Straight From The Heart’.