Bengaluru Night Curfew: What’s Allowed, What’s Not
'Night corona curfew' in Bengaluru, six other cities starts today. Know all about rules
As COVID-19 cases surge in Karnataka, the state government has applied a night curfew. The corona curfew will be applied in Bengaluru and six other cities from today. The curfew will start from 10 pm and 5 am till April 20. The cities that come under night curfew are Bengaluru, Mysuru, Mangaluru, Kalaburagi, Bidar, Tumakuru, Udupi-Manipal.
Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa said. “We are trying to implement the suggestions given by the Prime Minister. We are imposing the night corona curfew not all over the state but only for some districts. If things don’t come under control, we may have to extend it to the entire state.”
Here is all you need to know on what is allowed and what’s not during curfew:
What is allowed:
- Factories, companies and organisations that have night shifts can continue to do so. Employees have to report to the workplace before 10 pm.
- Health and emergency services and vehicles providing essential services are allowed to function.
- Essential service vehicles or vehicles carrying freight, home delivery, E-commerce are allowed to operate
- Incoming and outbound passengers are allowed to travel after producing valid journey tickets.
What is not allowed:
- Religious services suspended
- All public religious services will be suspended till 20 April.
- Not more than 50 people will be allowed for funeral services
- Sacramental celebrations (baptism, first holy communion, confirmation, marriages etc) not more than 50 people.
Fine for violating curfew
The state government has directed officials concerned to strictly implement the order. Action will be taken under the Disaster Management Act 2005, IPC and other acts against those found violating it.
Covid cases in Karnataka
The state on Friday added 7,955 fresh cases of Covid-19 and 46 fatalities, taking the caseload to 10,48,085 and the death toll to 12,813. Out of the 7,955 fresh cases reported today, 5,576 cases were from Bengaluru Urban alone.
Also Read: Karnataka Imposes Night Curfew In Bengaluru, 6 Other Cities