How to Unlock a Car In Sims 4 On PS4 & Xbox One?
Sims 4 does not allow players to buy a car
Sims 4 is as popular today as it was when it released in 2014. The game has everything from Vampires to Jungle adventures for players to experience. However, one of the biggest gripe players have with Sims 4 is the removal of any kind of vehicle, car or bike, in the game. While Sims 2 and Sims 3 both had cars to drive Sims around, Sims 4 has done away with the concept. However, does this mean players can not get cars in the Sims 4 at all? Technically no.
While there is no way to buy or own a car in Sims 4, players can use cheats to get around this issue.
How To Get A Car In Sims 4 on PS4 and Xbox One?
Method 1: Re-Size A Toy Car
- Go to the Build menu
- Scroll down to the Chair icon
- Find furniture and decorations
- Search ‘Model’ to see all unlocked Model Vehicles
- Select the Model Vehicle and then re-size it
- To re-size hold down L2 and R2 on PS4 or LT and RT on Xbox One and then hitting Right on the D-Pad
Method 2: Cheat Codes
- Bring up the Cheats Menu while in Live Mode by pressing L1, L2, R1, and R2 at the same time on PS4. For Xbox One, hit LB, LT, RB, and RT at the same time.
- Type testingcheats on in the cheats menu
- Once Cheats are activated, type bb.showhiddenobjects
- This will show objects not normally available in the game
- Players can place the cars on to the lot for as long as the cheats are active